Ever just wanted to get rid of your chickens??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by caral07, Apr 26, 2011.

1. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    So if your reading this post, just to clear things up, I am not getting rid of my chickens! [​IMG] I am just mad at all the things they are doing to make me work like a dog. My hens for the past week have been playing a little game called run the broody hen out f her nest every 3 days. So I have moved her to a cage in which she hated so I put her back on her nest. She has finally settled in, in which I hope for her to stay (day 7). My guineas have been making nest all over the place, in which one died today [​IMG] while trying to sit on her nest. [​IMG] (but the funny thing is there were ONLY eggs broking no feathers as if something had been caught. The only feathers were of a male, which came back looking no diffrent. I know this because she is a slate in which there were pearl feathers which is my male) Plus my only turkey hen died along with her babies, while Giligan (tom) just watched. The good thing from all this is everyone of my guineas is safe but the hen. Plus I even saved the eggs (I think) which are in the incabator [​IMG] The only question I have is I got the eggs about 4:00 and my neighbor said she was on the nest at 1:30 when she went outside. When I got the eggs they werent really warm, but it was 85 degrees outside. Will they be okay? I put them in the bator. [​IMG]

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

should be ok, they take time to cool down- and Mother Nature intended that hens could get off to eat and all.

3. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you might need to get some traps out there and get rid of your predators! (or why did they die?)

4. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    It was a coon, but don't worry hes not going to get anything else, I put his lights out, when he went back to the nest for the other eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by