Ever read "Guardians of Ga'hoole"?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by FisherMOM, Aug 19, 2008.

1. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    I have read every single book. If you haven't read it and like to read , you might enjoy this book. It is geared for kids.. 9 years old and UP. (I started reading these at ... oh about age 38) [​IMG]

Here is a bit about the first book in the Series...

Guardians of Ga'Hoole #1: The Capture

When Soren, a Barn Owl, is pushed from his family's nest by his older brother, he is rescued from certain death on the forest floor by agents from St. Aggie's, a mysterious school for orphaned owls. When Soren arrives at St. Aggie's, he suspects there is more to the school than meets the eye. He and his new friend, the clever and scrappy Gylfie, find out that St. Aggie's is more sinister than they could have imagined. Soren and Gylfie devise a way to flee the dangerous school and warn owls everywhere about the dangers that lurk in the forest. Together, these owls must find their way through a difficult and perilous journey, in order to save owlkind from the evil plots being hatched at St. Aggies.

Paperback: 240 Pages

From School Library Journal:
    "The story's fast pace, menacing bad guys, and flashes of humor make this a good choice for reluctant readers, while the underlying message about the power of legends provides a unifying element and gives strong appeal for fantasy fans."
    Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Here is a link to them at Scholastic!

http://www.scholastic.com/gahoole/

I will also post some of my other favorite chicldrens series. I am a librarian at my local library, and almost prefer reading this type of book to most adult fictions!!

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My oldest son LOVES that whole series! He started reading them in 6th grade and has read them all several times. [​IMG]

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I read the first... 6? I think then I couldn't find any of the other books and I didn't finish the series. I liked it when I did read it.

4. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Awesome! If he hasn't read the other series I posted about WARRIORS.. I bet he'd like that too! It's cats instead of owls!

5. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I've heard about the other series, I haven't read it yet, I don't know if I want to.

6. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Quote:well if you liked Guardian of Ga'hoole.. you will most likely like the Warriors series. I turned a few kids on to them at my library, and now they are a big hit!

7. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    oh, and personally.. I like the Warrior cats better than The Guardians of Ga'hoole.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Great! I will have to tell him about those books. I feel a trip to the library comin' on! [​IMG]

9. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I love the WARRIORS series! It's my favorite. But our library only has the first one. [​IMG] Ihave read them all except Sunset, and the third series.

10. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    i love gardians of ga'hoole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by