Ever win anything cool?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cupman, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    So I went to this chicken seminar last night with my friend who is brand new to chickens. I wanted him to get an education and it was a slow Monday night anyways. When we got there we put our names into a drawing. There was probably 30-40 people there and my friend was lucky enough to win the prize. It was some chick corral, for birds to go outside when they are chicks. The grand prize drawing is next week and it's some $600 chicken coop.. I'd love to win it and use it for quail.

But this is where the thread idea came from. Have you ever won anything cool? Tell us about it

p.s. At the end of their presentation they gave a list of about 4 web links. BYC was one of them and they said it's a great information forum. keep it up.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

It wasn't me, but back in 1998, my (at the time) step-father won the McDonald's Monopoly game's trip to Disney World. It was a five-day trip for four. There were five of us (me, two sisters, mother, step-father). This was around the time I was realizing that I needed to move out and be on my own, so rather than accept the offer to pay for me as the fifth, I let them have their vacation in Florida, while I enjoyed five days of peace on my own.

3. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Well, good luck for the draw! The only cool thing I've ever won was a jar of candy in the junior school. I correctly guessed the number of sweets inside, because I was just becoming proficient at my nine times tables. I was very proud. :lol:

4. dela1991

dela1991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Delaware
    It sounds like you did win. I would take the five days alone before 5 days at Disney World. You could have done a commercial like you had just won the Super Bowl.. "Hey Aqua Eyes, what are you going to do now?" "I'm NOT going to Disney World!.

But to answer the question, I won a 10 lb chocolate bar at Trader Joes a few years ago. I gave it to the kids across the street.

5. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

10.....pound.......chocolate......bar........must......get......now......
    [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I won a pair of bright pink cowboy boots one time.

7. chefchick

chefchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    I have never one anything useful for myself, but I did win a giant (like 4 foot long) stuffed Simba when my oldest daughter was little and a few years ago I won a cool tricycle with an attached wagon. My kids were all too old for it, so I put it away in the garage attic in hopes of grandchildren someday. but never anythingas awesome as a week of solitude or 10# of chocolate!

8. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I won a Tristar semi-auto .20 gauge at our annual Bucks Banquet. Coulda picked the gorgeous diamond ring... but DH would have had a cow... lol

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    THe last few things i won were a 50$ gift card for our PX and also a pair of Keith Urban concert tickets.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Who got 10 pounds of chocolate? I'll trade you a pair of hot pink cowboy boots! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by