Every Egg Color in the Chickens world!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hcammack, Nov 4, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I want to have every eggs color available in the chickens world. I am only missing a few I have Dark Brown (cuckoo and Blue and black copper marans) Light brown (Delewares) Green (EE) Blue (pure Ameraucana) Pink (Faverolles) cream (leghorn X).

I now need to cross a marans and ameraucana, I want wellsummer speckled eggs, and get olive eggers and also get a few pure leghorn (probably an exchequer)

Do any of you aspire to the same think as me ? It requires allot of expensive bird purchases of a very few chicks of started pullets for me because I just have a small backyard layer flock and cannot have roosters to breed any of these rare breeds I have.

This website and the first pages picture inspired me http://www.gabbardhatchingeggs.com/

Henry

2. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh and here is my egg basket I don't think it has every color egg in it but does have : faverolle, deleware, EE, Ameraucana, Cuckoo Marans, and Leghorn X
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Beautifull!!!!! I have olive, pinkish brown, brown and white, no blue [​IMG]

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks ,
    I would kill for you olive and white because I already about have speckled knocked out with my cuckoo and her wierd warty eggs ! I know I can get an exchequer leghorn pullet in spring but I need to work on the olive egger !

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I am working right now on olive eggers, from my barred and bearded EE. I have six chicks hatched out of her this week, mostly for sure from a variety of marans roos. When I bought her she was in a pen with probably a dozen marans roos, all colors, birchen, copper black, cuckoo, mostly cuckoos. I am VERY HAPPY with the chicks so far. Half are bearded like the mama, and it looks like I am going to have my bearded barred EE, possibly olive egger roo!!!!

6. debilorrah

My olive egg comes from an EE that is named Road Runner because she looks just like him!!! Sometimes hers come out with brown speckles.

[​IMG]

This isn't a good pic but....

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    That is a great egg color though I like the tiny fart egg [​IMG]

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Hmm maybe I could buy some eggs if I every get a broody ? [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

Quote:That fart egg was the whole reason I took the pic. You can see that olive egg is huge - they all are - she has never layed a normal egg. I LOVE IT!

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I love huge eggs my Marans and Leghorn X lay huge eggs the marans lay much less often though [​IMG] I get a egg a day from the leghorn and an egg every other day or sometimes 6 days a week from the marans I have not gotten an egg from them in a month as they are molting but should be out and laying again soon!

thanks,
    Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by