every year I intend to use weed blocking cloth in my garden

mikensara

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
New York
and yet again I didnt and just spent 2 hours weeding and to my disgust since I havent done and weeding as of yet in the bean patch i found morning glory growing rampant and not wanting to disturb my plants to much I used scissors to cut off the morning glory and cut it off in sections ughhhhhhhhh and did this ever make the bees unhappy. I started weeding the cukes and I am not sure who was more suprised me or the garden snake. It was me who took off faster i think
hide.gif

Have you seen that new weed block that is made entirely of wood fibers? After your garden is "done" you just till it into the ground - no plastic. We used it this year and love it. Our garden looks the best ever.

And the snakes...what is it with the snakes? Is it the hot weather? I think they are hanging around just because they know I am terrified of them.

deb g

dont know what to think about the snakes this year. when we first got the property 4 years ago it was really overgrown and I know that accounted for why we had so many as we were clearing out and disrupting them. usually we see them few and far between and luckily for us its mostly the garden snake variety and in our area we dont have many poisonous species. I currently have one residing under my freezer on the porch ewwww yuck but i refuse to go out there now and take anything out or put it in the freezer. My fridge freezer is stocked full since thats where i put everything now where that was reserved for veggies and bread and other items we use on a regular basis. Guess I might try canning this year so I dont have to use the freezer outside:lol:

Wow, you sound so much like me!!!

I loose control of my flower beds every year and they are surrounding half of the house. This year I tilled and was going to mulch heavily and use the cloth in another bed and dropped the ball! We just wasted all that because the weeds are waist tall. I could kick myself! We also have a snake that just won't go away and he startles me every day. The second mess of a bed is now weed covered morning glory! ugh! I guess I'll have to mulch in the winter and start over for next year.

I like morning glory i just have yet to figure out a way to contain it to one spot and have it thrive where i want it. tried to transplant it dug up a good sized section and planted it with a trellis but it died off anyway.
lol.png

I've been trying a thick vine wall to enclose my porch for 5 years but it doesnt want to grow up, it only wants to grow up. Next year, I am going to plant loofah gourd there instead.

Quote:
have you tried english ivy we have a bank thats all rocks and weeds and english ivy took it over. its impossible to erradicate though which is why we have opted to have the bank dulldozed and with any luck it will be fenced in for goats to keep it cleared.

We put straw down over the entire garden. We have a few bind weeds come out and a few foxtails, but it is very manageable unlike most years.
Thhis pic is from a month ago.
78206_013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom