"Everybody knows that Muscovies are nasty"

Cottage Rose, your ducks are diff. and I love them....
Ugly ducky, have you been at my yard b/c your pics. I have all the same colors...
I love my Muscovies, and will always have some.....The ducks have hatched over 200 duckling this year..
I love it...I have alot of choc. this year....had 2 more litters last week 1 hen had 13, the other had 8....

I only have 1 Scovey, Scooter and to me he's absolutely beautiful. I've got Pekins, Mallards, a magpie/runner cross and in my opinion Scooter has the sweetest personality of them all. I hand raised all of my ducks except him, I incubated him in the house and let my oldest Pekin have the egg just before it hatched. She raised him although she did allow me access to him and to touch him anytime I wanted. He's the calmest of all my ducks, the people friendliest and the quietest LOL

My Husband kept insisting that I could not have any scovies because he thinks they're ugly, thanks to a bunch of helpful info from LovesDuckies he changed his mind and I do believe Scooter is growing on him :)

Ya'll have some out of this world gorgeous scovies!!!

Michelle

Or perhaps just butt ugly?
wink.png

I'd highly considered them, until I discovered they're fliers.

i only have one muscovy hen, but she has been a wonderful little friend!
i love scovies beacause, they dont spill the water in the brooder as much as a mallard derived breed would.
they grow slower than most ducks so they stay fuzzy and cute for longer.
they are exellent broodies
i
love.gif
scovies

Quote:
Now, that just says it all.....I think they are darlings!! if I lived closer I would raid your duck house in a heartbeat.

46966_duckie_and_mom_16.jpg

does this 'scovy look "nasty" to you??? he's so sweet. those are the sweetest birds!!!!!

uhhhhh excuse me Miss PlumTuckered.. where are you pics of scooter??????? you should know if you have a drake or duck by now!!! or did i miss it?

Muscovies are AWESOME ducks...

* wide variety of colors
* ducks don't quack
* Excessive tail waggers
* Sweet personalities
* Very easy going and laid back (unlike spazzy breeds like runners tend to be)
* Puppy dogs with feathers
* Big eggs and lots of meat (if you care about that
tongue.png
)

and the list goes on!

I have 1 muscovy hen and 2 youngin's left - the drake either found new pastures or was killed by something while hen was setting, the hen is decently friendly really miss Draco my drake - he was a doll baby - would get in my lap if I sat down to feed treats.
hit.gif
I am still not a big fan of the SEVERE carnucling (like all the way to the neck and really thick ) but I still think personality over looks
wink.png

Quote:
that's funny. i actually call my 'scovy a puppy with feathers because he follows me around the yard like a puppy haha and he likes to play ball.

i'm sorry about your drake
hugs.gif
my drake is a lap duck too. i can't imagine life without him

Back
Top Bottom