Everyday i get more convinced she is a he!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nuttyredhead, May 14, 2010.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    I posted a link a week or so ago with pics of on of my chicks that we thing is a roo... I dont think there is any denying it!! I will be very very surprised it this is not a roo! [​IMG] Editing to add she/he is 4 1/2 weeks old. the rest of my chicks still have no crowns or very little.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I don't know how old it is, but I would say roo too:)

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yep it's gonna be a roo.

4. littlestars17

littlestars17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    It looks exactly like my 5 week old amberlinks, which I am still not sold are roos- Huge combs but I think its a breed thing as the hatchery that supplies our tsc with amberlinks only seels pullets...only time will tell

5. nuttyredhead

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:Mine are Amberlinks too!!! 4 1/2 weeks, but the crown and wattles are more red than the rest. What Hatchery did yours come from? Mine were from Mount Healthy. Do any of yours have the brown on the wings yet? I just saw one today that does, she is going to be very very pretty!

6. Hamptons06

Hamptons06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    North Atlanta
    DEF a roo!

7. littlestars17

Apr 9, 2010
    MIne are fromMt Healthy too: ) Both have a bit of red in the wattles,One of the two seems to have a good amount of tannish on her wings, IM still not thinking they are roos lol,IM waiting it out

8. littlestars17

Apr 9, 2010
    forgot to ask, do your other amberlinks all have the samewattle?? Or is that your only amberlink?? I have two and both look just like your wattle wise lol

9. nuttyredhead

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:Mine are all Amberlinks, and no they dont.I can barely see anything on the rest..... This chicken is is also very brave, it is the first one to run to my hand. I had another chick that was separated from the rest while her leg was healing and when she went back in the he/she ran right up chest out to her. Seems to be running the show! [​IMG]

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    100% cockerel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by