Everyday is Easter!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Armageddon, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Armageddon

Armageddon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    My girls started laying eggs a couple weeks ago...first a little blue egg(that is still little)...since then I've gotten light brown, sandy brown pinkish brown and tiny white eggs....out of 17 I think I have six that are laying....it is sooo cool!! Today...I got my first Large egg...

Life is grand!!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You and me together!!!

I've been gathering "Easter eggs" for six months now, and it hasn't gotten old or boring yet. Only 8 layers (and Buffy is out of the picture at the moment with her newly hatched First Chick) and I can tell which egg came from which pullet... except for the white ones, as I have two Lakenvelders who lay white eggs. But if I get two of 'em the same day, I can thank both Minerva and Millicent for those.

It's just a treat for me to gather eggs. It's as much fun to find a single egg in a nest box as it is to find four.

This chicken keeping thing is the BEST thing I have EVER done for myself. Ever. And I'm gonna be 57 in two months, with a life that has never been boring or uneventful.

Isn't is wonderful??? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. buckaroo's wife

buckaroo's wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    North Central Texas
    Congrats on your first eggs!! I just got my first ones as well, and it's SO exciting [​IMG]

4. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    living vicariously through ya'll...I can't wait til we get eggs!! ours are @ 10 weeks old and the EE's are @ 13 weeks old...gotta get to work on the nest boxes..
    CONGRATS on your eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by