Everyone asks me-what breed are my chickens,i don't know,do you?

missy5

Songster
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Iv'e had most of these since last summer. Some i just hatched 10 weeks ago. I don't have a clue what they are except for the polish. Maybe someone can tell me. The lady i got them from had an assortment.
Silky's ,frizzles,polish,japs,(i think thats what she called them,doesn't sound politicaly correct) and more.
Here are some pics. This is mom and dad. No longer have a roo in my coop, so much quieter.
68014_camera_pics_015.jpg

68014_camera_pics_055.jpg

These are some of thier baby's.
68014_camera_pics_562.jpg

68014_camera_pics_002.jpg

68014_camera_pics_212.jpg

These are my other girls. I know the top one is a frizzle, that's all i know.
68014_img_0480.jpg

My polish and my sweeeetest one.
68014_camera_pics_564.jpg

The top two,sweetest most effectionet birds ever.
If you chicken pros or even newbies can help me figure out what breed my birds are i guess i could say something besides i don't know. Thanks. Angie.

I thought she had silky in her. She always wants to be picked up or just sits on my lap when i sit in the run.

The first one, mos def a B.O.
The others? I'm seeing some silkie and some polish in the one with the white head, for sure.
I have many "mutts".
They are great!

***Edit*** Your birds are beautiful btw.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The bird who is black with a white head (Tophat... afro.. whatever you call it) Is a White Crested Black Polish

First pic looks like a buff orpington.
Second looks like a......polish/silkie...........?
The rest look like mixes.

Thanks for the replys. It didn't matter to me, i love them no matter what they are. I just felt kind of silly when people asked me. I never ever would have thought that chickens would be so sweet and effectionate. They are deffinatly more than just egg layers. They are funny funny little criters. I heard silkys are realy nice, if my half breads are this nice then i want some silkys!!! Thanks again. Angie.

Aww! Your second photo looks just like my boy Beetle! Same coloring, build, crest, tail carriage, feathered feet, the works. (Well, your boy has a better crest, honestly.) Beetle's father was a black Silkie and his mother a millefleur Belgian Bearded d'Uccle. He was a great little guy.

Ya he was great but too loud. I miss him but he went to a nice place. Can't have roos here cause my neighbors are too close. No one complained but i was always running outside to shush him.

Back
Top Bottom