Everyone asks me-what breed are my chickens,i don't know,do you?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by missy5, Apr 20, 2011.

1. missy5

missy5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Iv'e had most of these since last summer. Some i just hatched 10 weeks ago. I don't have a clue what they are except for the polish. Maybe someone can tell me. The lady i got them from had an assortment.
    Silky's ,frizzles,polish,japs,(i think thats what she called them,doesn't sound politicaly correct) and more.
    Here are some pics. This is mom and dad. No longer have a roo in my coop, so much quieter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are some of thier baby's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are my other girls. I know the top one is a frizzle, that's all i know.
    [​IMG]
    My polish and my sweeeetest one.
    [​IMG]
    The top two,sweetest most effectionet birds ever.
    If you chicken pros or even newbies can help me figure out what breed my birds are i guess i could say something besides i don't know. Thanks. Angie.

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Have no idea, but I have a silkie/? mix that looks just like your black hen.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Other than the Polish and the buff (OEGB???), they all look like Silkie crosses to me.

4. missy5

Sep 18, 2010
    I thought she had silky in her. She always wants to be picked up or just sits on my lap when i sit in the run.

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    The first one, mos def a B.O.
    The others? I'm seeing some silkie and some polish in the one with the white head, for sure.
    I have many "mutts".
    They are great!

***Edit*** Your birds are beautiful btw. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  6. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    The bird who is black with a white head (Tophat... afro.. whatever you call it) Is a White Crested Black Polish

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    First pic looks like a buff orpington.
    Second looks like a......polish/silkie...........?
    The rest look like mixes.

8. missy5

Sep 18, 2010
    Thanks for the replys. It didn't matter to me, i love them no matter what they are. I just felt kind of silly when people asked me. I never ever would have thought that chickens would be so sweet and effectionate. They are deffinatly more than just egg layers. They are funny funny little criters. I heard silkys are realy nice, if my half breads are this nice then i want some silkys!!! Thanks again. Angie.

9. Barrdwing

Barrdwing Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww! Your second photo looks just like my boy Beetle! Same coloring, build, crest, tail carriage, feathered feet, the works. (Well, your boy has a better crest, honestly.) Beetle's father was a black Silkie and his mother a millefleur Belgian Bearded d'Uccle. He was a great little guy.

10. missy5

Sep 18, 2010
    Ya he was great but too loud. I miss him but he went to a nice place. Can't have roos here cause my neighbors are too close. No one complained but i was always running outside to shush him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by