Everyone is sold out!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by jmeeter88, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jmeeter88

jmeeter88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    Yikes! I want to place an order for chicks but it seems like everyone is sold out! I'd really like to place an order for delivery before June 1... Any tips??

2. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    did you try cackle hatchery. i ordered mine feb. 27th and they are being shipped april 1st. i picked the date. of march 30th and they sent me a ship date of april 1st. good luck.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. jmeeter88

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    They have a minimum of 5 chicks per breed, and an order minimum of 15... I want 2 of each breed and a total of 10 birds...

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I ordered from Ideal yesterday and they are shipping first week of May.

5. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    oh i see. that time of year they go quick.

6. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
  7. jmeeter88

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    Quote:I emailed them with a list of what I am interested in, and am waiting for a response... [​IMG]

8. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:you could always sell the extras...many times its better to get a few extras then not enough..some die and sometimes you get more roos then needed..

9. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Often times if you go on through with the order process EVEN IF IT SAYS SOLD OUT
    When you get down to actually placing your order they can accomodate an earlier shipping date as there are almost always order cacellations etc that occur. I would suggest placing your order so that you are the next in line and your order will be there for them to process as soon as your chicks are available Remember too they are basing the ability to fill order on a percentage rate for hatching. It wouldn't surprise me if they are often surprised by a better than expected hatch rate and suddenly have more chicks than they anticipated. Viola it just might be the ones you want!!! I have ALWAYS gotten a "sooner than it says at the end of placing my order"
    date when I have received my confirmation emails from Ideal. Both times I placed my order then got a scheduled delivery dateonly to have that date moved up when I get the confirmation email.
    Get in line and hope for the best, if it's longer then you have more time to make sure your ready to give them the best home ever If it's sooner then all the more time you will have to have fun with your fluff balls! Just be sure your in a position to get set up and ready to go quickly! They might surprise you!

10. jmeeter88

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    Quote:Thank you for your inspiration, I think I am going to just go ahead and order and be patient... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by