Everyone Laid Today!!!! YAY!!!!.... wait... no?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensducks&agoose, Feb 15, 2009.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 7 hens who should be laying (plus a mommy chicken, a chick and 2 roos), and I actually saw 7 eggs today (one was broken in the coop), which means that for the first time ever, they all laid!!!! I am SO, SO happy!!!! ... wait! .....actually, somehow someone must have laid 2, or the mommy chicken laid one... because I realize I only got one blue/green egg, and I have 2 EEs.... huh... the mommy chicken hatched her baby on christmas.. could she be laying yet??? now I'm confused... dang... Anyway... 6 eggs in the fridge.. YUM!

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Congratulations!! It really is great when they all finally pay their way and stop freeloading!! LOL!! [​IMG]

3. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    i had a hen that hatched out some eggs and a month-or-so later she would lay an egg and go back and protect the babies! [​IMG]

4. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I'm not sure about this as I haven't experienced it yet, but I read that some folks get EE's that lay regular brown eggs (to their disappointment). Hope you will get two green/blue/pink eggs in one day in the future! Genie

5. flamingauburnmustang

flamingauburnmustang Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    South Africa
    LOL!!!! [​IMG]

Before you get too upset or jump to conclusions, such as KFC, I will speak for your hens and say, "Yes, we all laid eggs. Each and every one of us." [​IMG]

Don't stress, there's always tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, or the next...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by