1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Everyone Laid Today!!!! YAY!!!!.... wait... no?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensducks&agoose, Feb 15, 2009.

1. I have 7 hens who should be laying (plus a mommy chicken, a chick and 2 roos), and I actually saw 7 eggs today (one was broken in the coop), which means that for the first time ever, they all laid!!!! I am SO, SO happy!!!! ... wait! .....actually, somehow someone must have laid 2, or the mommy chicken laid one... because I realize I only got one blue/green egg, and I have 2 EEs.... huh... the mommy chicken hatched her baby on christmas.. could she be laying yet??? now I'm confused... dang... Anyway... 6 eggs in the fridge.. YUM!

2. baldie

baldie Songster

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Congratulations!! It really is great when they all finally pay their way and stop freeloading!! LOL!! [​IMG]

3. chickNjake

chickNjake Songster

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    i had a hen that hatched out some eggs and a month-or-so later she would lay an egg and go back and protect the babies! [​IMG]

4. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I'm not sure about this as I haven't experienced it yet, but I read that some folks get EE's that lay regular brown eggs (to their disappointment). Hope you will get two green/blue/pink eggs in one day in the future! Genie

5. flamingauburnmustang

flamingauburnmustang Songster

Dec 14, 2008
    South Africa
    LOL!!!! [​IMG]

Before you get too upset or jump to conclusions, such as KFC, I will speak for your hens and say, "Yes, we all laid eggs. Each and every one of us." [​IMG]

Don't stress, there's always tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, or the next...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by