Everyone out! That's 5 out of 5!! (pictures page 2)

First two out:
goslings044.jpg

goslings038.jpg

Next one (funny this one is sooooo much "uglier" lol than the other two):
goslings094.jpg

Making friends:
goslings055.jpg

goslings063.jpg

love.gif

the last two eggs are pipped!! More soon

Oh, these last two eggs have been sooooooo slooooooow.
. . .but. . .
Finally another baby out!!
The last egg has a good size opening, and the gosling is working on it. . .
Hopefully more pics soon
lol.png

Yay! The last one is out!
wee.gif

That's 5 out of 5 hatched!!!
ya.gif
(I did have a 6th one, but absolutely no development in it)
Either way, 5 out of 6 on shipped goose eggs in my homemade incubator is pretty good!! Maybe I can try something fancier next time (like sebbies, hehe)
Had to make some little "splints" for the last baby as it is pretty spraddled--I think the egg was in a cooler spot.
But it is doing quite well now.
Here are the new ones:
ducksandgeese024.jpg

ducksandgeese019.jpg

Group pic:

ducksandgeese028.jpg

What breed is yours?
The little darkies are supposed to be white chinese/emden cross, but they all look exactly like brown chinese!
I can't figure out where the dark came from! Wonder what color they will be as they grow

Awwww they're adorable. Now I miss Duckbutt.
hit.gif

That GSD Sable goose of yours CB is pretty darned good looking too. I love my sable goose best. LOL.

I'm jealous of your GSD's demeanor with the chick! I'm afraid my GSD would have scarfed the innocent little fuzzy but down in one gulp!!
ep.gif

Oh he just loves the birds and if he senses anything near them that is not supposed to be, predator beware. To him it is his job to protect them, Guinea hens included. If he hears the Guineas squawk at night, he is all over me to get up and let him out the door.
Let your dog get one, then tie its butt up on a 2 foot cable and make him hang out with the dead bird for a few days. Hisw demeanor will change. Oh and make sure you beat him with it and everytime you walk by, you pick the chicken up yell bad dog and throw the chicken at him. Worked for both of my GSD's and now working on training the pup. The pup has not killed one yet, but when she does, she will never do it again.
15838_sargengoose.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom