Everyone send positivie hatching vibes!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by resthavenfarms, Jul 8, 2010.

1. resthavenfarms

resthavenfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Lockdown is tomorrow for my single modern game bantam egg! His air cell looks a little large to me (he is a shipped egg) but otherwise all appears good. I really really want him to come out!

2. PipisMom

PipisMom New Egg

Jul 8, 2010
    Castro Valley, CA
    Good luck my dear. I am in a similar situation. I have just one egg left, it's a call duck egg and by my count it's day 28. Large air cell, the egg feels light, but I hoping so much that it will hatch. My daughter will be heart-broken otherwise.

Many good hatchy vibes to you!

-Carol

3. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Yeah GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Hatch vibes from here too !!!!!!!!!!
    We started out with 18 eggs and saw a lot of them die. Had 5 dead chicks inside the eggs fully formed so it was sad and lost one after hatching- but WE DO HAVE 6 LIVE LITTLE CHICKIES. So worth all the waiting and upset and all the hard work. My heart goes out to you with one egg! All rests so much on that. Hope so much it hatches.

1 of our eggs hatched a good 6 days after the rest so there is hope even if your little one is a late starter! Our late one is doing really good now! 4 weeks old and all feathered up already!

Oesdog [​IMG]

4. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    This one is the only one to fully develop. Out of 6 shipped, two were broken, two were scrambled, and one died around day 4-ish. IF IF IF he hatches, I've got a few chicks that he can go in with that will only be a few days older. I really hope he decides he can come out!

5. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Just an update--s/he made it out! Very lively and a loud thing. Thrilled. [​IMG]

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Woo hoo!!! [​IMG]

7. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAppy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Picks of chick now needed!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    I'll try to get some! I left him in the incubator tonight, and I'm working my graveyard shift now, but have heard news from home that he is "very active" so he must be keeping someone awake [​IMG]

9. Jarsheart

Jarsheart Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    CONGRATS !! How wonderful for you !! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by