Everyone wants what?...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dkvart1, Apr 22, 2011.

1. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    My DH flies alot. He flies Southwest and reads the publication they put out. Yesterday he said he read an article about chickens. He said the article said "everyone" wants chickens now.

Funny, I hadn't noticed! [​IMG] I think for awhile longer I'll keep it secret that chicken math will turn that couple of chickens into something that could, to the uninitiated, resemble hoarding!

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I don't see a lot with them around me,but I have seen them on tv shows. I was flipping channels and noticed the Kate Plus 8 family getting them. Wonder if they got tired of them by now.It's all fun at the start then you realise the work YOU put in for those free eggs,lol. I wouldn'thave it an other way,but some folk do not like it much.

3. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

I drive arounda lot for work, and I see more and more of them. I like it.

4. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I had one other neighbor with chickens, now I hear some more birds elsewhere doing their egg song. It does seem to be getting more popular, lot's more on CL, lot's more wanted adds too.

5. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I must live in the only part of the country that doesn't want chickens [​IMG] To most of the people in my area I'm "that crazy chicken lady" because I have them for pets and for the eggs not for shows or anything fancy. It's really hard for me to find any to add to my flock so that I have a nice variety of parents. We may have to move soon so that I'm not the crazy chicken lady anymore, at least not the only one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by