Everyone who has or wants a chicken read!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by snickers, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickers

snickers New Egg

Apr 26, 2009
    Alright guys you want a chicken, they ain`t no walk in the park...
    they stink n pooop alot.... but if you have a closed in area like a tank they will die from the amonia of their poop.
    lol funny ey? you need something that can always circulate.

You must have acces to sum 1 who can check on them 5 times a day.
    you all neeed starter feed for chickens, you can use bowls for there water or plates but chances are they wil crap in it. same with for food use a waterer and a feeder. any questions just ask mr.

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:ok you do realize this is a website dedicated to chickens dont you?
    what happened....did you buy easter chicks and realize it wasnt for you?

yes it is a hard job, obviously its only for people who love their chickens.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:ok you do realize this is a website dedicated to chickens dont you?
    what happened....did you buy easter chicks and realize it wasnt for you?

yes it is a hard job, obviously its only for people who love their chickens.

[​IMG]

4. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    p.s. i saw the post about you wanting a chick.

why would you bad mouth chickens yet want one?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  5. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    agree!!!!! we all [​IMG] our chickies here
    so sorry you havnt found the joy in them....

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    this website wasnt hatched yesterday ya know....

[​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    man--I got chickens "gifted" to me and I was not happy-last July-it took me less than 24 hrs to watch them for hours talk to them-clean up after them as if I was cleaning my new born baby's butt-stinky ...yup...messy-like no other-but I love them just the same-pasty butt grabbed me-but I cried when I was cleaning them-hoping it wasn't going to kill them-butt bathes-trimming butt feathers and all- cleaning their water bowls out 10 times a day because they constantly kick bedding to them-pooping in their food containers-changing them constantly-I still adore them just the same-it was love at first site-it is only for the people who can stomach all that and much more-culling your first dying baby due to illness, Nursing an eggbound mom, holding an old chicken in your hands while they take their last breath-it's all worth it to me to share in THEIR lives we chose to give them. If you saw me at work-you would never think I owned chickens-let alone sit in the coop floors while they "talk" to me. But I do-I think this is my hobby for the rest of my life-and will enjoy every stinky poop they have -you know why? because they are healthy beautiful birds I chose to own with a big loving smile- [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:that was sooooo well said i cant even believe my eyes.

my daughter has a pet rooster that was hand raised, and she carrys him around.... [​IMG] he LOVES it!

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I am confused as to why you have this thread complaining about chickens, yet you have 2 other threads, one about "wat is a? " incubator, and another titled "well i wanna buy one", looking for a hatchery in Ontario, I think. It was rather difficult to decipher those questions, as is this statement.

Please tell us what it is you actually want to do, and what your experiences have been with chickens so far. Then we can better answer you.

Thanks!

10. Stonerowfarm

Stonerowfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Cheshire, MA
    Very well said sonew123.

When we accept responsibility for an animal, whether it is a chick, dog, cat, etc. there are always the good and the bad. Perhaps you're not ready for pets quite yet Snickers. They do require a lot of time and committment.

The dog that barks (as one of mine is doing now [​IMG] - make that two), the cat that scratches, the bird that throws food all over the floor because she's picky, the goat that tramples you on the way to the food - it's all part of the package. Nothing makes me happier than cleaning water bowls, filling food buckets, cleaning out coops/pens/runs. Yes, sometimes it's kind of yucky, but with all the joy I get from every since one of my fuzzy, furry, feathered butts is all worth it and more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by