everyones coop ideas/pictures

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by yab, Jan 24, 2009.

1. yab

yab Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2009
    Yakima, Washington
    we are building a new coop come spring(equipped with washable floors!) and would like ideas.. instead going through posts, and having you guys create a new post everytime you want to show your coop, i figured this would be the best place to do it.. can you guys take pictures of your coops(inside and out) for those of us getting ready to build?

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Here is a part of the inside of my coop when my hens were YOUNG.

Perhaps you can tell that I have linoleum underneath the shavings.

We sweep and mop and compost every week.

The 7 nest boxes are on the wall to the right that you can't see.

Above the door from where I am taking the pic is a vent where I have a fan that is hooked to a timer.

On the right corner I now have a light that comes on with a timer at 6AM and goes off at 8PM...

Notice the sky light on the upper left portion of the pic. Helps keep the coop light during the day. ( I don't use the light inside after mid April to mid September)

Sorry this post isn't understandable... I'm watching Brian Reagan on Comedy Central and he is CRACKING ME UP!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. yab

yab Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2009
    Yakima, Washington
    i must have passed that link on my first run through, though i don't see how... thanks for showing me! do you get alot of spider problems inside your coop, mahonri? did you treat the bare wood before you allowed the chickens inside? i've noticed that people use alot of linolium(sp?) in their coops.. is that better than using something like cement? lots of questions, but first time building a coop! [​IMG]

btw, nice scripture quote, mahonri!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by