1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Everyone's going all Steven Tyler

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gaelio, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Gaelio

Gaelio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Merton, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Ha Ha, just saw a news item about a shortage of chicken feathers since Steven Tyler has been judging on American Idol. It seems that fishermen are mad because they can't get chicken feathers because hair stylists are buying them up. Everyone wants a chicken feather in their hair! [​IMG] Well, I take pretty feathers and put them in house plants. Especially when I had my phoenix rooster....wow, his long tail feathers were beautiful. Every once in a while I'd find one that he shed and grab it up.

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    We all need to rally and find out where to sell these to the hair dressers, since most of us on here have an aboundance of them!! [​IMG]

3. Gaelio

Gaelio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Merton, Wisconsin
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe just calling hair salons to find out if they're looking for them. I think it would be easy to go out to the coop and pick up the prettiest feathers lying around, wash them...maybe put a little glycerine on them to shine them up, and viola!....hair adornment!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by