BarredRockMommy

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
This is not an argument ground! I feel like this topic is very touchy with some people, so please read the following rules.
Rules!
~ if it's not nice don't say it
~ have fun showing off your house chicken(s)!

With that over. Let's get on, us crazy chicken owners!

Here you can post anything to do with your house chicken!
Examples:
-pictures(who doesn't love those!)
-breed, gender ect
-how you became a house chicken owner
-tips on anything house chicken related
-ask questions about house chickens
-and so much more!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

:loveMy disabled house chick...he/she is 4 days old and a little puff ball. I have another thread in the breed/gender forum. Help me name it and figure out breed!!!
20190426_174553.jpg
20190426_133931.jpg

Snuggling with its kitty:thumbsup
20190425_134307.jpg

I had a house chicken a few years ago. Her name was Canela, and she was such a sweetheart! :love She wanted to be indoors with her people more than outside with the flock lol. She was so spoiled :D
My little guy loves to be spoiled. I left him with my sister and when I got back they were like he was awful. He didn't sleep and didn't stop squawking. Soon as I talked to him and held him. He quieted and fell asleep. They grow very attached to there mommas.

Pebbles was a craigslist treasure. She was supposed to be outside but at only 340g, no one got a long with her and after a couple weeks of trying to acclimate her, I gave up. She sleeps on my dresser on her Fleece blanket at night, wears diapers when I’m home, has a solid bottom cage with a fleece bed for when I’m not home! She is spoiled and loves snuggling with the cat.

Attachments

• 424DAC79-08AD-415A-BE48-22072C09B73B.jpeg
    424DAC79-08AD-415A-BE48-22072C09B73B.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 34
I don't have a house chicken, I have thought of bringing my silkie roo in because he gets picked on by everyone
He would have to be an upstairs guy though which is ok because my office, (I work from home ), bedroom ,craft room and one of my bathrooms are all up there, plus I have 3 dogs
I block them from upstairs because like 8 months out of the year I am either hatching or already have babies up there

Do you all use diapers for them?

I don't have a house chicken, I have thought of bringing my silkie roo in because he gets picked on by everyone
He would have to be an upstairs guy though which is ok because my office, (I work from home ), bedroom ,craft room and one of my bathrooms are all up there, plus I have 3 dogs
I block them from upstairs because like 8 months out of the year I am either hatching or already have babies up there

Do you all use diapers for them?

Diapers are great for when they’re roaming around. But if he finds a specific spot he likes to hangout then you can modify it for easy clean up. Pretty much what I did with my chickens spot she likes on my dresser.

I keep my babies in my office with me all day when I hatch or bring them home for like months, so my the roomhas the doggie potty pads all over
I use the all black pads which I love

I always let them run around , bad thing about that is they eventually start to jump up on my desk, across my keyboard, on my head etc,

I know a lot of people would think 2 months is too long to have them indoors
But I usually only raise 2at a time
However at one point I had 4 ducklings and 4 chickens indoors with me

That was tiring, and I cleaned all the cages everyday, (ducks are sooo messy) cleaned up everything they might of got into , etc etc.
I was thankful when I finally decided to put them in the coop for good.

It's good to know indoor chickens is possible
I have a month old golden laced wyandotte light bramha mix, she has. Pulled tendon that I cant get back into place, she gets around just fine with a limp and no pain or swelling as far as I can tell, I al wondering if she should stay inside with me when its time to put the others outside

Back
Top Bottom