So long story short, my husband and I are splitting up. We have two young children (ages 5 and 3) and both of us are full-time students right now. I just finally went back to college--last semester was my first semester back. Due to my teeny-tiny income I am trying to turn to family (my dad) to live with for a year so I can spend the year paying off my car and our credit card so that when I move out to my own place I can have less to pay each month. The hang-up is my critters. My dad hates them. I have one (35lb) dog, two cats, two English Angora rabbits, two frogs and four chickens. He's willing to 'maybe' deal with the chickens and rabbits because they're outdoors, and with the dog and the frogs, but the cats are right out. He's allergic. Now, I understand allergies. But...HE DOESN'T LIVE IN HIS HOUSE. The only reason he has it is because he's waiting for the housing market to level out so he can sell it. My younger sister is living there, for free, with the understanding that she will care for the house (which she hasn't done. She left for vacation two weeks ago and left vomit and mold in the basement from a party she held. She decides when she wants to do housework, which is not very often, and never puts the downspouts back on after she mows the lawn and he's getting foundation damage.) She's been living there for almost five years. I'm asking for one year. One year. I told him I'd pay to have the furnace and ducts cleaned when I moved out, and he's planning on replacing 80% of the carpeting in the next few weeks. I asked if he'd hold off on the replacement for a year--if he could just replace it when I leave then if there's a little cat dander in the carpet it wouldn't matter. And that I would pay for replacing the remaining 20%. Most of the home is tile and hardwood. When I take in animals I make a lifetime commitment to that animal. One cat is my daughter's (she's the five year old) that she named Lollipop. The other is an older cat that hates everyone but me. I have a Furminator that I use on all of my hairy beasts weekly which really cuts down on dander and allergens. I use a blower to blow out the dog and rabbits outside, which also cuts down on allergens. My sister gets a free ride to wreck his home, and I get nothing. I haven't leaned on him for anything since he left my mom when I was in high school--not for anything, not even my small wedding. Now I'm asking for one year and I get knocked down. I never cry about anything but I'm crying now because I feel trapped.