Evicted chickens

They have had their chickens for 2 years and the city just NOW changed the ordinance? Why can't they be given a waiver? The chickens were there before the ordinance...This is ridiculous. Hens don't really make any noise except when they lay their egg or something scares them. Mine are quiet. Even my rooster is quiet. He crows every now and then but not much. Sounds like a bunch of grumpy people to me wanting to force their views on others. I'd move.

We don't know how close they are together. But 15 chickens can cause plenty of stink and noise . Maybe the neighbors wouldn't have mind 4-5 chickens but 15 are quite a lot in an urban setting. .

I did some checking. There is Stacy Bower on Kings Way in Sherwood, Wi.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=king...+Way,+Sherwood,+Calumet,+Wisconsin+54169&z=16

This is not the inner city. It is a small subdivision out away from town.
Some of those yards are really small. I can't see how they can keep a coop 30-50ft away from the neighbors. And if its the third house from the left on the end of the coul de sac(counting from the huge house with the dark roof) with what looks like a coop run area in the backyard, the whole thing would be less than 20ft from the neighbors. I hate to be the evil one. But as i earlier mentioned 4-5 bantams are one thing in this setting but 15 full size layers 20ft from someone elses bedroom window is just asking for it.

I agree it sucks they have to get rid of their chickens, but that's the way it goes when you live in a subdivision. Living in a subdivision, IMO, is just asking for people to force their view upon you. If the majority votes, you must comply- whether you agree or not. 15 birds is WAY too much for their yard, and even though I have and love chickens, I'd be pretty peeved if I had to live that close to them too.
Nikki

Back
Top Bottom