Evil Chicken :/

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CoolChick33, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CoolChick33

CoolChick33 New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Hi, I have three chickens and one on my chickens pecks the other, not severely but enough to make that chicken jump back when ever then other comes close to it. I have just noticed in the past year that the chicken that is getting pecked is charging at my ankles and my hands whenever I am near. It is terrifying and I am now too scared to go into the coop when they are in there so if I am in cleaning, they are out in backyard pre- occupied with seeds!!! Please help whats can I do to stop this because I love them all and don't want to have to get rid of them????

2. Shabana

Shabana Chillin' With My Peeps

I would suggest thick gloves to protect you and then picking up the offender and holding her securely for quite some time while you go about your business. This way she should start to see you as the boss. After she's been in in your arms each day you'll hopefully feel her start to relax, once this happens you could just use one arm to carry her around with you :) I did this with my fiesty little cockerel when he was all 'teenager like' and his hormones were getting the better of him and now he's as placid as they come with me and will come for his treats and sit on my lap. I,m not saying this method is foolproof but it worked for me.

Best of luck x

3. CoolChick33

CoolChick33 New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks so much I will give it a go :) x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by