Evil cochin rooster is nasty..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Moochie, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    He used to be the bottom rooster, then we got rid of the light sussex roo cuz he was just too big, and now that the cochin has become top roo, he is evil! He's okay with the ladies but not with us human ladies. He has flogged my mother and myself, I've had to defend myself with a food scooper. He wasn't nice before either. Rather anti-social to us humans.
    We also have another roo who is just lovely. His name is Thor because he is large like his father (the light sussex we had) but not as large cuz he is mixed. We can pet him, feed him from our hands, he won't flog us, or even raise his feathers at us. I saved him from death when he was a chick too. But ugh this disgusting cochin..
    I don't want to eat him. He's trash to me. But I don't want to take him to the auction to have someone else deal with the cursed thing. But what's the better option?
    Freezer or auction? And I thought cochins were a nice breed! Even my banty cochin hen is flighty. I only have 2 that I can handle without pecking or flapping of wings,

2. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Freezer camp! Why stick somebody else with the problem. Of course, if they want to send him to freezer camp...

3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Keep Thor, eat the evil one. Would you rather take him out yourself, knowing that it will be done in a humane way, or send him off to someone who you don't know, so you won't know how he'll be treated?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by