Evil roosters attack!

PONTIACCHICKEN

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
We have three black frizzle roosters. Originally, we thought we had 2 hens and one roo because their combs hadn't grown as much as the other. So this makes our flock of ten have four roos and 6 hens.
It hurts to watch the evil trio attack the rest of the flock. The others are terrified of them and will not eat or leave the coop if they are out there. We have two white sultan hens, two japanese mottled hens, three partridge cochin (one roo and two hens) and the evil three.
How do I stop this aggressive behavior and why are they doing this. Chipmunk, my other roo doesn't act like this. Please help! Or they are going to be dinner!

You just have wayyyy too many roos for six hens. There really is nothing you can do but separate them. Aggressive, nasty birds make the best meals though. Unless you can take those three out and put them in a separate area, dinner is the only sensible option. Sorry for your dilemma.

A good hen to roo ratio is 1 rooster for every 10 hens. So for you, just one. And I personally, would either give those nasty roosters away, or make a nice pot of soup out of them.

Good luck,
Sharon

I find a hatchet takes the meaness out of a nasty rooster. Had one that liked to attack the family and had to get rid of him. Now I am hoping I can find a sweet one to replace him with.

Back
Top Bottom