1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Evil silkie chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bornacentury2L8, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I was in TSC today looking at chicks (the fuzzy kind), when I noticed 2 of them that really stood out to me. They were white with dark legs and beaks . I suddenly realized that they were silkies and I wanted them. Huh!? Me? Wanting silkies? I never thought much of them, but the urge to go back and get them is powerful. Ithink I've been brainwashed by this forum or hipnotized by those two little fuzz-balls today. [​IMG]

2. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

They work their evil spells best in-person [​IMG] To tell you the truth, when I saw pics of them online, I wasn't that impressed. But now.....well....it's a whole different story. I LOVE my Silkies and think they, and my Sizzle, are the cutest little creatures on Earth [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    I feel your pain. This website with all the hype and pics of different breeds of chickens makes you want to own more chickens. It sort of hypnotizes you into thinking you need more. [​IMG]

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The more I've sat on here [​IMG] , the greater the urge has been to get silkies. It was finally unbearable.[​IMG]

My first silkies hatched yesterday and today, and I'm SO in love with them already! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I must have posted pics of them and spoken about them already today in 50 posts! They are the cutest chicks I've EVER seen. [​IMG]

Just give in and go back and get the chicks already. [​IMG] You know you're going to anyway, and if you wait too long someone else will get them, and you'll always regret it! [​IMG]

5. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    I think this message board is secretly run by silkie operatives who are trying to turn the whole chicken universe purple-skinned...[​IMG]

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Silkies and Sizzles have the tandem determination to take over the world. Total human domination. Proof is sitting in my brooder! I don't LIKE foofoo chickens. I don't want foofoo chickens...

They probably need more hand fed treats soon, is their water the right temperature, do they want momma to talk to them???

I have been assimilated.... worship the sizzle, worship the silkies [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by