Ew. Maybe being on the news wasn't such a good idea.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sixlittlechicks09, Jul 30, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    So I was on our local news the yesterday [​IMG] Because our road got oil spilled on it and started "melting"? I was all nasty from work (I work in a restaurant) and said like 5 words. My friends and I got all excited, then we moved on with our lives.
    The weird thing is, now I've gotten 3 requests via facebook, ALL older men ([​IMG]) two of whose status are married! I don't know them at all, but they're in the "viewing" area? And one even sent me a PM that said "saw u on the news [​IMG]"
    I would just like to say,
    EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    The worst part is, our local station keeps playing the story, and I just realized my bra strap was sticking out the whole time!!! So now I look like some sweaty, nasty, hussy all over the 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 and 11 oclock news. [​IMG] My life is so weird. So anyone else ever had any awful tv expirences? haha [​IMG]

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

if this were FB, i'd click 'like'

3. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    hahaha. Thanks. [​IMG]

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was 14 I did a local TV talk show - not news but I did a little "Skit" with my snakes - it was really funny - lol supposed to be a silly parody of Crocodile Hunter. The did a 'live' interview to talk about the skit. *sigh* I got fan mail to the Show which of course they courteously sent to me...Some good, some funny, some stupid, and some scary or just plain wierd/creepy. @ 14 I looked more like 17 or 18 - so yeah you can guess some of the stuff that I got. *sigh* If I were asked again - I would say yes - but would add on LIVE TV - "Do not send me fanmail it will be eliminated by any means necissary" [​IMG]

5. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Hahaha! Well luckily I haven't gotten any fan mail... yet [​IMG]

6. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Was caught on TV by a camera man during a training course. friend called me up and told me to not look so serious. [​IMG]
    Another time was at an accident scene.
    Got interviewed back in 1991. Caught flack from a couple of friends.

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

set your facebook proflile to non-searchable, so random people can't look you up.
    If you don't want to be totally hidden from everyone, set it to "friends of friends" only so that people who can see your stuff are at least possible friends instead of random strangers.

8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I got the same thing after the magazine came out- me wearing a gown in a ballroom holding chickens with my husband- ON THE COVER.

I was thinking, "Dudes, did you NOT notice the fella with me on the cover? Really? I mean- REALLY?" Guys from high school- all of the sudden- wanna be my friend...notsomuch.

...and we need a link to the clip!!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  9. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Hey, at least you know you can't look THAT bad after a hard day at work, right? [​IMG] Some guys are just ------don't know what to say here, as it could come across as saying you're not an attractive person-----which I know nothing about.LOL They were just weirdos, hoping to score in one way or another. But it is kind of a funny story! [​IMG]

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Guys have this ability to not notice other guys, when there is a woman to notice instead. It's selective seeing, just like selective hearing!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by