eww; poopy egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by whatsup chickenbutt, Sep 18, 2008.

1. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    What should i do if i have an exceptionally poop-covered egg? [​IMG]
    Is my only option to wash it and use it right away? Also, if i do wash them, which i dont wash the clean ones, how long can i keep it in the fridge?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

When I get one that has a lot of poo on it, I give it to my outside cats as a treat.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Overly dirt eggs I throw out. Eggs are porous and I dont want to take the chance of any kind of poop born bacteria getting in there.

Eggs in the fridge will stay good for at least a couple weeks if not longer.

4. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    let me clarify, so as not to be known as the poster who eats poopy eggs,
    Its not like globs of poo or anyting, its just that a bunch of my girls will sit in their nest all night, and then invariably somebody lays an egg early in the morning, and sometimes it might be touching it. by the time i get to it, its dried, and wont just wipe off. So you think I should throw those out?

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

OH NO! Those kinds of eggs I'll keep. Sometimes they come out with poop smeared all over it and its REALLY dirty. Those are the ones I thought you were talking about... A small speck, or itty bitty tee tiny bit, I dont worry about....

6. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    "IT" Happens! LOL

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008