Ewwww sky

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    My pretty purple sunset sky is now black with these HUGE yellow things appearing in and and that certain someone upstairs is bowling again. I can hear the house creak with the wind [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'll take it! We need rain here badly.

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    b.hromada :

I'll take it! We need rain here badly.

Well come get it. all its going to do is make the humidity even higher.​

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday was annoying... all this thunder, crazy lightning, boom bang WHOOSH wind...

Then about 30 seconds of light showers.

It's like opening a snickers and finding a carrot inside. [​IMG]

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I hate storms, not afraid of them just don't like them. Everyone else LOVES them. My brother goes outside and watches the lightening. If I'm confident there is one coming, I make sure I'm good and tired so I can fall asleep about 30 minutes before it starts, but I'm not tired [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I love sitting in my porch and watching the rain and lightning storms...
    Only time a storm scared me was when we were on a lake on our boat and we couldnt see 1 ft in front of our face and the boat was rolling crazy and lightning was nuts..there was literally nothing we could do..there was no way to get off the lake... it came on so quick and hard..it was nuts.. and we had our foster kids with us too..
    When it finally stopped and we were able to get off the lake there were trees down all over the road on the way home... some type of mini tornado or something had went through...( they didnt call it a tornado though..cant remember what it was called. [​IMG].. some kind of thermal something, i think.. )

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    That's scary. I used to love them. But now I have a dog that is scared of them, making them more stressful, birds to worry about. We never have the gentle rumbling, it's always FLASH BOOM BANG POW FLASH

8. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hey, Zahboo...Greetings from an ex-Fayetteville native. I actually lived just outside of Hope Mills off Camden Road, just a little bit inside the Hoke county line before I moved to WV. Much better here. I lived in the Stonewall subdivision and I can remember the really bad storms we had there. They scared me so badly, I would move my dryer out of the little laundry room and my son(he was little then) and I would hide in there until the storms were over. I was terrified if the weather station issued a severe thunderstorm warning for our area.

I was just down there (Fayetteville, Hope Mills, Rockfish area) last week and was very thankful there were no severe storms in the area we were in. Course the heat was really bad. [​IMG]

Anyway, hope none of the storms are bad for you. [​IMG] Take care!

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It's pretty much stopped, just sprinkling [​IMG]

10. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

In that case....send it on up here!! We could use the rain. [​IMG]

Glad it wasn't bad..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by