1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ex-Battery hen pics... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by laurapeers, Apr 1, 2017.

1. laurapeers

laurapeers Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2011
    what a pleasure it has been. 7 days ago I took 3 ex battery's hens and saved them from slaughter... they were terrified and we very weak. now they are living the life of Riley! dust bathing, sun bathing, scratching about. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. allosaurusrock

allosaurusrock Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks so much better! But did you just put her in your coop with the others? She should have been quarantined first.

3. laurapeers

Aug 13, 2011
    they were separated for a week xxx

4. allosaurusrock

Your birds look fine, but just so you know, you should quarantine for two weeks then introduce over a one week period. Either way, it is a wonderful thing that you are taking the time to help this hen!

5. laurapeers

Aug 13, 2011
    takes a special person to take such a wonderful positive story and put a negative spin on it!

6. allosaurusrock

All I did was give you advice. I'm sorry that you took it the wrong way. I should have found a politer way to phrase that. I said she was doing a lot better and complimented you on the fact that you had rescued her. We all make mistakes sometimes, I just wanted to make sure you don't do it again. I made the same mistake with one of my roosters. I'm just saying it is important to quarantine, especially when a bird comes from such deplorable conditions as a factory farm. Good job so far with your hen, do you have any updates?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by