Ex chicken/turkey killer.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickened, Jun 13, 2011.

1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    This guy has eaten his last chicken dinner.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Nice work. Congratulations.

3. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay [​IMG]! Now you need to hang his tail near your coop as a warning to any others![​IMG]

4. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Congrats...darn coyotes![​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Excellent! I killed a female the other day...she only got one bird and she will not get anymore either. They are brazen yet sneaky critters.

6. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    This was a male and the best I can guess he killed 2 turkeys and about 7 or 8 chickens and countless baby ducks from the pond area. I have seen him a few time way at the back of my property and he managed to leave before I could get my rifle. I have a 22-250 with a 24 power sniper scope that I can hit a pie plate at 1000 yards on a calm day and guess what he wasn't 60 yards standing at the barnyard fence studying the chickens.

Thanks for the support I appreciate hearing it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Nice weapon. I shot mine with a M1-Carbine a 30 cal round...needless to say she did not stumble or get up. She was charging my rooster and I shot from the second floor deck. Standing in my sliding glass doorway. hahahahaha My shot was not near as spectacular as yours...at best she was 40 feet from me but if it counts...I shot through the banister railings to hit her. LOL I wish I gotten a pic of her....I never remember to get pics of the critters...I was so busy checking on my rooster and the birds...by the time I remembered it the guys had already buried her.

You may read it here...he was pretty amazing. Now I have to find her youngins and dispose of them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=521876&p=1

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  8. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    That is a great story [​IMG] I have a den of foxes across the road up on the hill they are no problem yet, I am watching them though. [​IMG]

9. puredelite

puredelite Chillin' With My Peeps

Chickened- What great news! One less of these varmints in the world. They are very smart animals, see you taught this one to lay and stay!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by