EXCEPTIONAL! Show quality, BLACK TAILED BUFF SERAMA COCK, "Claudius"

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Josiah Woodfield, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Josiah Woodfield

Josiah Woodfield Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Chestertown, MD
    You are bidding on a very high quality true Malaysian typed rooster. He is 6 1/2 months old, showing huge potential, and will possibly be a show winner if properly groomed and trained. Of the one's I've seen this year, he is one of the nicest, but is not a color that I am currently working with.

He will finish a C class, last weigh-in was around 16.5-17.5 ounces if memory serves correctly.

I can also ship with a suitable mate, she will be $75 if buyer is interested.

"Claudius" is a 4th or 5th generation bird bred from the original Schexnayder "Artimus" line.

1/3 of auction proceeds will be to benefit the Cajun Classic show in Vacherie, LA.

Please feel free to email or message any questions. Birds of this quality are not for sale often, please bid accordingly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kbell

kbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    Chickamauga GA
    That's a very handsome Roo. [​IMG]

3. Josiah Woodfield

May 24, 2011
    Chestertown, MD
    Thanks much! He's actually older bro to your buff cock shipped last week. :)

4. Serama4sale1

Serama4sale1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2011
    San Diego Ca
    Come on everyone this bird is really nice anyone would be lucky to own it!

5. Josiah Woodfield

May 24, 2011
    Chestertown, MD
    Thanks Jacob! You've got some pretty gals too I see... :)

6. Gagirly

Gagirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I was looking at the bidding history and saw what seemed to be someone raising their own bid. Why ? Also the last 2 bids are the same. Don't get it.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:It doesn't show automatic bids, the only bids shown are the ones entered. The system will automatically bid for you up to your maximum bid, so if someone outbids you, it will show your maximum bid. In cases where it looks like someone is bidding against themselves, this means that they bid their max and it was not high enough to outbid the current max. Hard to explain, but say Joe1 bids a maximum of $50 for the bird and Joe2 wants the bird. Current bid on the bird is $25, so Joe2 enters a max of $40. This is not high enough to win over Joe1. So Joe2 enters a new high bid of $45, which is also not high enough to win.

Each bid Joe2 enters will show until the maximum bid entered is high enough to outbid the maximum of the current high bidder.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  8. Josiah Woodfield

May 24, 2011
    Chestertown, MD
    Exactly right. For instance, Joseph Edmonds (joedachickenman) has been bidding several times, but hasn't outbid the proxy bid left by the current high bidder.

As it appears, they both bid $125 on the bird, but since the other persons bid was placed sooner, it stands as the high bid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by