Exchequer Leghorn fanciers and breeders thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Celtic Hill, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    I wanted to create this thread to bring exchequer fanciers, enthusiasts, and breeders together. I have noticed in the past years this breed is hard to find and slowly dying out. Few hatcheries have them and when they do they sell out quick and there is very few private breeders. Below a photograph of the promotional booklet that the original creator of the variety Mr Robert Miller used back in 1905. I found the picture at castle farm eggs

[​IMG]

I welcome you to share your birds, stories and ask questions, Experienced and novice poultry enthusiasts alike.

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Crowing

Jul 16, 2009
    cool, there is an Exchequer Thread open already, but maybe this could the The thread.. here my post on such thread and source: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/617711/exchequer-leghorns
    Quote:

exchequer leghorns shoul be more white than they are black.

nice drawing
    [​IMG]

and show birds from Europe

Male
    [​IMG]

Female..

[​IMG]

3. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Thanka! Those are great pictures. There are a few threads around with breeding questions about ELs, I was hoping this thread could be a gathering place for everyone to Chat, ask questions and improve and promote the variety.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: