exchequers and silver gene

Exchequers are an autocreated coloration.
They are not created by humans.
They are the same everywhere.

I know that black leghorn X exchequer leghorn = black leghorn.
So you think every exchequer leghorn on the planet at this time are all direct descendants of those first exchequers without any ever being outcrossed to another color/pattern?
Every exchequer patterned leghorn I have at this point came from a cross between my cuckoo and silver leghorns.
My cuckoo came from white Xs brown leghorn crosses. As far as bloodline mine are almost 100% different then anyone else's so I know better then to think they are all the same blood as the original ones or that they're all the same everywhere.

So you think every exchequer leghorn on the planet at this time are all direct descendants of those first exchequers without any ever being outcrossed to another color/pattern?
Every exchequer patterned leghorn I have at this point came from a cross between my cuckoo and silver leghorns.
My cuckoo came from white Xs brown leghorn crosses. As far as bloodline mine are almost 100% different then anyone else's so I know better then to think they are all the same blood as the original ones or that they're all the same everywhere.

Nice, very interesting.
I am so happy I am learning so many things from you.

They were originally based on silver and should still be but I wouldn't guarantee they all are.
Imo any bird with a black and white pattern should be silver based but it doesn't have to be. Black can hide gold so can't be sure without test breeding.

Back
Top Bottom