Excited about starting my backyard flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bcAddy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. bcAddy

bcAddy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    Hello all. Very excited about our future flock. I have some chicks on order and ready to be delivered early summer when I get out of school, but at the same time working on a road block. The HOA. They are very kind and most of the board has no problems with me having some BYC but the CC&Rs say no even though the city says "yes, with a permit". So right now just working on an addendum to the CC&Rs which will require a super majority approval from the home owners. Going to get the family involved though in hopes that my cute children will be harder to say no to. ;)

In the meantime keeping hope alive and making plans as if we will have new pets added to the family and fresh eggs on the way later this year.

bcAddy

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I hope you can get the approval to be able to keep chickens. They really do bring the family together. Drop by the learning centre for some great articles on raising chicks. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Wishing you the very best of luck and be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC :frow

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! I hope you get your chickens, they are wonderful to have around. Nice to have you join us!

4. torilovessmiles

torilovessmiles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2014
    Central West Virginia
    Welcome to the BYC flock!! Hopefully all goes well and you can get your chickies! [​IMG]
    I wrote a blog post with some info on starting a backyard flock, here: http://backyard-barnyard.blogspot.com/2015/02/starting-urban-flock.html
    You can check it out for some basic info (I also appreciate constructive criticism from experienced chicken owners)!
    My chickens are more to me than egg-machines. The rooster keeps stray cats out of the yard, they eat the slugs and ticks, and they're just fun to watch! There is a ton of info on this site, everyone has been so helpful. You will like it here!
    Good luck!!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to browse around the site. It is a great resources and I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting chickens.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

I hope you can get chickens! They really are wonderful animals to raise that I'm sure you'd enjoy.[​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you will be successful in getting an amendment to allow chickens. More power to you [​IMG] Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck getting the ordinances changed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by