Excited and must share!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dawnmt70, Feb 3, 2017.

1. dawnmt70

dawnmt70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2016
    Billings, Montana
    Tonight I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! I just ordered an incubator!!!! What are you excited about in your life?

2. nagleobr

nagleobr Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2015
    Ooh! A new incubator is always so exciting! Currently have 10 white silkie eggs in mine....and ordered 15 more from a local breeder. Oops! What kind of incubator?

3. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]That's very exciting!!!

I've got my 1st 4 layers arriving next week and my husband has agreed that I can use any egg money I can raise to expand my coop and flock. I'm so excited I was lying awake half of last night making plans in my head.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Exciting day indeed!!! Will you be hatching from your own flock or eggs from someone else?

Excitement here -- we *should* be starting work on my new coop in a little over a week, weather permitting. I've been bereft of chickens since last June/July when I sold off my last flock in order to move across country so it is beyond time to have chickens again!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Ol Grey Mare will you be trying new breeds this time?

6. dawnmt70

Dec 7, 2016
    Billings, Montana
    This is my first....well, EVERYTHING! I'll be ordering quail eggs once it starts looking like we might actually have a spring. I still have work to do on the coop and run but like chameleon, it's all I think about when trying to get to sleep!

7. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oh, how I know that feeling -- sleepless nights are much easier to bear when it's happy, exciting thoughts keeping you up!

Not entirely sure just yet - kind of depends on what I find available when the time comes to build the new flock. Am hoping for BLRW and technically the Speckled Sussex will be new as last year I only had them for about two weeks as my chick order arrived about the time we made the final decision to make the big move across country so I left my SS chick with @granny hatchet (along with a few others from that batch). The only thing I know for sure we will have is a Buff Orp because DS simply must have a replacement for his favorite chicken from our previous flock. I'm tempted to pick up a Crested Cream Legbar and/or an Orloff -- have a couple of leads on those.

Woo Hoo -- what are you starting with in those first 4?

Good luck on the hatch! Are the 15 your ordered also white or a different color?

8. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Bonus excitement for today -- in exactly three weeks my daughter and her fiancé will be arriving for a much awaited visit. Haven't seen her since we left Indiana last July -- this is the longest I have gone without seeing her in her entire life, has been very hard on us both!

9. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm getting Boschvelders, they're a South African breed.

Great news about your daughter coming to visit, have a great time!!

10. dawnmt70

Dec 7, 2016
    Billings, Montana
    I'm so happy for you!!![​IMG] I'm impatiently waiting to find out when my son will come for a visit. He's currently a Marine in NC. Been the hardest thing having him gone for so long. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by