Excited Calls?????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by babylady4, Sep 10, 2010.

1. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Every time somebody in our house exits the back door our calls go beserk with quacking. My question is are they just excited to see us or are they just quacking for the heck of it?

They are so cute, but sometimes they quack for a good 3-5 minutes and the one will raise the feathers on her head when she does the quacking.

Now since school started they have started doing this when my DH comes home from work and when the kids come home from school.

2. kawonu

kawonu Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Western North Carolina
    That is just how calls are! Ours do the same thing.

3. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Ok just thought I would check. My goose would do the same thing whenever people came around (she was imprinted).

We better hurry up and move too! Those buggars are illegal and with all their noise somebody is certain to turn us in! [​IMG]

4. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

It's excitement. Mine do it when we come down the driveway with our car coming come from shopping etc. First they perk up and look, then they recognize the car, followed by quacking and running to the gate just to greet us. They are so intelligent and cute when they do that. Our duck house has a insulated storm door with glass in it. In the morning they are behind that door peeking. Its funny you see one head come up, some talking and then the next one looks. This keeps on going like that until we come out of the house. Once they see us the quacking starts. We open the door and they all go nutso running out of the duck house greeting us. They do put their head feathers up out of sheer excitement. I love it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by