Excited, Day 20, I heard little chirps!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minpinmama, Mar 30, 2012.

1. minpinmama

minpinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    I found out my bad experience was due to a not so great incubator. And also a mistake on my end.
    Some people call LG's 'eggs killers' and some swear by them. I personally really like these Farm Innovators.
    Traded in my LG after two rounds and three different breeders sent eggs and not one live chick from it.

Tonight I'm thrilled, Out of 40 BCM eggs 25 to 30 were kept after 2 sep candlings and last night and all day today I started to hear little chirps on and off, tomorrow is day 21 so should start seeing some pipping at any minute.
    Just so excited!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. FlyingFChick

FlyingFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Milford, Michigan
    That is so exciting!!! We did our first hatch about a week ago and those little peeps are just amazing. They are so loud!! Good luck to you![​IMG]

3. PsychedChicken

PsychedChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    Oooh!! Exciting! [​IMG]

Keep us posted. We all love hearing about successful hatches.

And ESPECIALLY love seeing pictures. [​IMG]

4. minpinmama

Dec 24, 2010
    Good Morning all, ok so far three sweet little chicks and as far as I can see two others starting to pip.
    Very exciting!

5. minpinmama

Dec 24, 2010
    8 babies so far, one smaller than the others and weaker, looked like a little of the yoke sack came off.
    Other 7 doing great. Three others pipping, a few seem to be sleeping in for a while longer.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by