Excited for school!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Morgan7782, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I will starting school in the next few weeks and boy am I looking forward to it! I am aiming for an AA in Buisness and an AS in Animal Science. Right now I am only attending part time because I also need a pretty hourly job if I can find one. I sat down with my Mom and wrote out a 5-10 year plan, where I want to be and how to get there. I would like to purchase a manufactered home or single family home on any amount of acreage. But I do need some amount of yard.

The classes I am taking this semester are:

Introduction to Animal Science
    Animal Science - Livestock Feeding
    English Comp. Writing

I have gotten my books and have paged through them, and loove the information in the animal textbooks! They have a LOT of information regarding poultry and livestock, how to prepare for the market, what to take into consideration, and I am so eager to get to class and learn! I hope it is enjoyable, I think it will be because I am VERY interested in Animal Science, especially around Livestock. I would love to raise my own animals, and have a family that is into that as well [​IMG]

Anywho, just thought I would share! I am determind to get on my own and away from this family packed house, and definately determind to have a stable place for me and my animals to live. I am looking all over the US to locate as well, though I am leaning toward Montana or Wyoming. Those would be my IDEAL states.

2. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Animal Science grad here! [​IMG] I graduated from Clemson University waaaay back in 1994. Just wanted to say good luck to you! It can be an exciting field of study- my animal science labs were never dull, that's for sure! My friends in other majors like nursing and accounting were like [​IMG] when I'd come back and say, "I castrated sheep today!" or "I dehorned cattle today!" In fact, one of my professors said, "It takes a special guy to date an Animal Science girl!" since we knew how to castrate [​IMG] Best of luck and keep us updated on your studies!

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Quote:That is GREAT! Yeah I am attending a local 2 year school located a bit out of town. They are the only school really around here that does large animal studies in a 2 year school. I am very excited, the campus has barns and everything, and we have 4 out of town school trips planned during this semester. I am so looking forward to it.

I have a goal of co-owning an Animal Hospital and doing the buisness managment myself while my partner will be the on scene doctor. I figure getting two degrees, one in Buisness and one in Animal Science will put me right where I want to be!

4. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    That sounds really great! It's so important to do what you love! I'm a Music Education major myself and there is something to be said for being able to do field work while you're in school. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by