Excited for spring in B.C

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Capella Creek Farm, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Capella Creek Farm

Capella Creek Farm New Egg

Mar 26, 2009
    Hi,I live in B.C Canada I live on a small acreage on a mountainside.The frost is getting thinner and the bulbs are pushing through,I can't wait for the nice weather!
    Right now I have a variety of pets Dogs,cats,horses,goats,rabbits,fish,but I'm really missing out not having chickens:(I am wondering about things like vaccines and deworming.The farm I planned to buy them from doesn't do any vaccines and says they deworm them by giving them red earth?I will be feeding the eggs to my family and want to make sure they are healthy happy birds.Any advice would be appreciated!
    I am really excited to be adding chickens to my farm,and can see how it can easily become a passion.
    Thanks

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and WELCOME to BYC form NC

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Enjoy yourself here - there is a ton to learn and friends to make.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

6. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You might want to try the search engine here - if you search for worming, any other terms, it will bring up posts that have helpful info!

I use human grade diatomatous earth (search for DE) for worming - and there are links at BYC for that as well! Just make sure you use only human grade! [​IMG]

Again - Welcome!

7. Capella Creek Farm

Capella Creek Farm New Egg

Mar 26, 2009
    Thank you Everyone and thanks for the info wingnut1:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by