Excited! Maybe a little too much.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by PepsNick, Oct 30, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Yay! New chickens coming!! [​IMG]! I'll be getting 2 little pullet chicks, a GLW and a BO in December! They'll live in a new coop that I just set up for them, with run (that has a lid on it [​IMG]). I'm so excited! They'll be vaccinated for Marek's and I think I'll try to find a cocci vac... if there is one? The coop and run are very predator proof, and they'll also be free ranging most of the day. Luckily, my yard is very large so hopefully the other chickens won't bother them too much [​IMG]. There names Will Lacey and Bella. Guess which one's Lacey? [​IMG] Well that's pretty much it just wanted to share my excitement!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Congrats on your upcomming chickens! They are such fun! [​IMG]
    Don't mean to rain on your parade but high wire & no roof might keep the girls in, but won't keep predators out. [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Yeah I know. I have no predators here at daylight when they're out so I only have to worry about hawks. But the run's only like 5 x 4 and they have shelter like right there. But I know a hawk could still get them, but eh, better a short and happy life then a long and boring one, right?

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Yeah I know. I have no predators here at daylight when they're out so I only have to worry about hawks. But the run's only like 5 x 4 and they have shelter like right there. But I know a hawk could still get them, but eh, better a short and happy life then a long and boring one, right?

I think I'd rather be bored. That's just me.

5. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA

I think I'd rather be bored. That's just me.

ok...

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What would it take to put netting over the top of the run? or hardware cloth? [​IMG]

7. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:i dont mean i dont wanna set it up, i mean i dont want it to be there.

8. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG]

9. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    I think it will be fine as long as they are cooped up at night. New chickens are sooo fun.

10. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Yes they are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by