Excited New Chicken Mom!!

Jennifer_collins76

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
Getting 6 hens, 2 years old today. They are coming with a secure coop and I am building a run for them. I could only get 4ft fencing 2x3inch openings, along with 3ft high hardware cloth, but only in 5ft rolls. Seems everyone is fencing right now!

I am trying to create an apron along the bottom, which I’ll cover with cinder blocks and gravel. Hoping it will keep predators out. They will only free range when they’re supervised and locked in the coop at night.

Wish me luck!

Getting 6 hens, 2 years old today. They are coming with a secure coop and I am building a run for them. I could only get 4ft fencing 2x3inch openings, along with 3ft high hardware cloth, but only in 5ft rolls. Seems everyone is fencing right now!

I am trying to create an apron along the bottom, which I’ll cover with cinder blocks and gravel. Hoping it will keep predators out. They will only free range when they’re supervised and locked in the coop at night.

Wish me luck!
Congratulations on the flock. What breed are they?
Also it's good to know what predators you have in the area. I have fox, raccoon, and occasional coyote so my coop is inside the run. But I also have hawks so run is covered.
You are taking great steps. Just continue to evaluate weaknesses in your defenses.

Congratulations on the flock. What breed are they?
Also it's good to know what predators you have in the area. I have fox, raccoon, and occasional coyote so my coop is inside the run. But I also have hawks so run is covered.
You are taking great steps. Just continue to evaluate weaknesses in your defenses.
Thank you! I’m not sure of their breeds; can you tell from this picture? I’m so nervous for the overnight, but will have to just wait and see.

Attachments

• 0A9E88FB-CA51-4498-A573-9D28FE58563E.jpeg
    0A9E88FB-CA51-4498-A573-9D28FE58563E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 58D17C6D-77C0-41BE-8767-97E103F7A4BD.jpeg
    58D17C6D-77C0-41BE-8767-97E103F7A4BD.jpeg
    888.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom