Excited new chicken momma from MO!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fruittreehill, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Fruittreehill

Fruittreehill Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2012
    hello everyone!!! Im JL... my hubby and I live with our three gorgeous kids in MO... we live in town, right smack dab in the middle, but we have a huge yard and wooded area behind our house. We moved here ten years ago... and each year we have lived here we have planted a fruit tree.. all on a hill, so we named our home "fruit tree hill" we now have a garden and flower beds, plenty of fruit trees and strawberries and raspberries, two dogs, two bunnies and our new babies.... ten chickens and one rooster. We are in love with the chickens and my husband learned that he is good at building things! we bought a chicken coop, but it only is big enough for four grown chicks... so my hubby is building fancy new coops, they look so cool, plus he built a gorgeous bunny hutch. We are all learning new things! We homeschool the kids and my son who is ten is super excited because as he puts it " he has a way with chickens and roosters" LOL!!! He is such a great boy! My girls love the bunnies the most, but they both have their favorite chicks :) Anyway, I can't wait to make friends on here and learn all we need to know.... I have tried to upload alot of pictures to my profile so everyone can get an idea of our small setup. I think maybe we've found our calling.... we are now looking for land... maybe we are supposed to be chicken farmers :) Eggs only tho.... no meat birds :) They're pets!
    I can't wait to meet everyone!!! I was wondering how the heck you make friends on here, then found this thread!!
    Love, JL

2. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG] from Upstate NY! Your going to love those chickies!

3. Rusty's Ranch

Rusty's Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    So Cal
    Welcome from California! Glad to have you with us [​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

7. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    Great to have you on board! Glad your whole family is enjoying having chickens. I hope you have many rewarding experiences raising them. :D
    If you want to meet other chicken folk in your area, check out your state's thread in Where am I, where are you!
    Enjoy the site, and see you round. :frow

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by