1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Excited to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by db16gawingshot, Mar 3, 2015.

1. db16gawingshot

db16gawingshot New Egg

Mar 3, 2015
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Tyler and I am new to the forum and also will be new to raising chickens when my chicks arrive in June.

I have spent a ton of time researching breeds, developing plans for the coop and run I am currently building, and learning all I can about chicken husbandry. I want to start by thanking everyone that posts on this forum...I have reading your posts for months now and they have been very helpful.

I have gotten to a point that I have questions that I can't find the answers to, so I thought it might be time to join you all...plus, it seems like you all are a pretty cool group of peeps!

Looking forward to learning more from each of you. I will end this now and go post my question about the automatic water system that I building!!!

Kindest Regards,
    Tyler

1 person likes this.
  2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    Welcome to BYC! Please feel free to post any questions you may have; we are here to help!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sounds like you are going to be very prepared for when your chicks arrive in June. If you have not already (but I'm sure you will have) drop by the learning centre lots of super articles on all things chickens https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck with your chicks, raising them is a very rewarding and fun experience. Be sure to ask all the questions you need to, everyone here to help and very friendly.
    Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    We're glad you decided to join the ''flock''! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is a lot of great info on this site and I'm sure you'll find answers! [​IMG]

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Tyler, nice to meet you. Glad you joined the flock.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC, Tyler! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

It is always good to be prepared.[​IMG] I'm happy to hear that BYC has been helpful for you in your research so far. I hope you can find all the answers you need to your questions on automatic watering systems!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

We'll be happy to answer any questions that you have!

10. db16gawingshot

db16gawingshot New Egg

Mar 3, 2015
    WOW! Thanks for all the well-wishes; I am really glad I joined. What a wonderful community of folks! Looking forward to learning so much more from you all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by