1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

excited

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Godsgrl, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I went to open the chickens yesterday, and there was a hen on the nest. Thinking she was just laying, I didn't give her much attention. Came back in the afternoon, and hen on same nest. I was worried she was eggbound, but wasn't even sure it was the same hen.

Well come to find out it was the same hen, and she wasn't eggbound, she's broody! She's sitting on three eggs, and not budging. LOL She puffed up and hollered at another hen and a young boy. Guess I'll leave her alone and see what transpires. I'm so excited!![​IMG]

forgot to say, hen's name is thing one or the other. LOL We have two hens which were originally thing one and thing two. We can't tell them apart anymore, hence the name which covers them both. LOL

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on the broody! I hope everything goes well and in no time you have little fuzzy butts! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Congrats on the broody! I hope everything goes well and in no time you have little fuzzy butts!

Thank you Farmer Kitty

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Very cute, barnyard, thanks!!