Excited

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Aug 17, 2010.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I am getting very excited and nervous about the ducklings. They should arrive in the morning and are a surprise for my hubby's birthday. I don't think the kids or I have blown the secret yet but I know there have been some close calls- Boys have been quacking all week and playing "duck games". He also has been taunting our oldest by asking her about his present- she then runs to me to tell me all about it [​IMG].

I think I have done enough research and am ready for them~

2. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Congrats! You'll be duck addicted like the rest of us in no time.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

My ducklings should be here today too. Its 4.39am...I cant sleep, it feels like Christmas all over again [​IMG]

4. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    My ducks should be here today too! Woke up at 3 and 4:25am! Still no word from the post office. Where did you all order your ducks from? Mine are coming from Metzer.

5. gofasterstripe

Post Office called me this morning at 7.15...WOOOHOOO Ducks are here. (Ordered from Metzers)
    I got 6 runners, 2 F&W, 2 Choc and 2 Blue and because I always wanted a white "Donald Duck" I ordered a jumbo Perkin
    All have been fed, watered and are now sleeping. They have made a fine mess, peeped none stop and I feel like a kid in a candy store

[​IMG]

6. javajanie

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Aww, they are so cute. I'm waiting on a chocolate and a blue runner.

Where abouts are you GoforStripe? I'm wondering if mine won't be in til tomorrow. I'm on the East Coast. No phone call from the post office this morning. [​IMG]

7. gofasterstripe

Me....Im in Laurens, South Carolina.

8. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    We got the phone call but need to get the kids all dressed to go out. Silly kids, don't they know that Mom has no more patience? [​IMG] I ordered them from Metzer's and had called them Monday to make sure they were actually making the trek - I don't think I could play the waiting game only to find out there were none at the end of the rainbow- plus since they are for his b-day I wanted them to come early.

9. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Their HERE...

Sad news- two died in shipment, it was really good that they packed 3 extra's in the bunch but I was sad all the way home from the post office and ended up having a mini funeral for them. I do believe I have gone over the deep end. And I believe that I ordered too many- The brooder that I have set up looks quite small with them all in there- what was I thinking ordering 30!

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

10. javajanie

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    They're here! [​IMG] I called and called the post office. No answer. I finally just went to the distribution center and they were there. I don't know why they never called me. But I'm glad I went. Nothing like getting a box full of cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by