excited.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wannalive, Sep 14, 2011.

1. wannalive

wannalive Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    tamms/elco Illinoiis
    went about early today to check on the chickens feed and water. and guess what i found.. my first eggs.. 3 large brown eggs, no cracks, nice hard shells, and just good looking.. only weird thing is they were not in the nesting boxes.. they were in like a 4 inch gap behind the boxes. guess i need to rearange my boxes... i checked all the girls rear ends and looks like only one has been laying.. and i have 3 eggs, so i must have missed them for the last 2 days.. brought the eggs in, and cracked on open.. i was amazed how much bigger the yoke was, and how bright it was compared to the store bought egg.... didnt get to taste the eggs though.. wife ate all 3 ugh...lol.. anyway i as so excited(hard to believe i got so excited over eggslol.) but their my first..

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]

4. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    I got my first eggs today too! One small brown and one small white! I was so excited I called the DH at work to tell him. He wasn't nearly as thrilled as I was. I have no idea which hens layed them,,,,,but so excited!

Tressa

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Congratulations, Isn't it like a small miracle in your backyard?
    Everytime a new hen starts laying here, I think it's a golden egg.

Imp

6. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    it IS exciting...HOORAY!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by