Excitedly awaiting puppies arrivals. BOTH ARE HERE!!!! *PICS*

guinea fowl galore

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Australia
I tell you, I've jumped in the deep end here.
We first started thinking about getting more dogs a few months back, we needed a little non shedding house dog for the kids and after the recent break-ins in the neighbourhood decided we also need a bigger still non shedding outside dog to guard the property and critters. We then decided to get the smaller dog first for lots of reasons and that we'd get the bigger dog 6 months to a year later. So we started looking at all the little dog breeds and found the perfect one: Maltese.
We were very adamant in that we were only getting girls.
Apparently girl maltese pups are hard to find around our area in Australia. In my searches I found a place in New Zealand that bred by far the cutest Maltese I have ever seen, ever. And when we realised that we would have to either fly in a pup from another state or not get one (guess what we chose
roll.png
) I thought, well if we're going to spend the extra to fly a pup in then why not get one from the breeder in New Zealand
hu.gif

Long story short we have ended up with a gorgeous boy. He will be flying in from New Zealand on tuesday the 21st.
celebrate.gif

And if that wasn't enough already I started looking up big dog breeds just to get a bit of an idea and so we were more prepared for when the time came. I found THE PERFECT breed of dog for our family: A Portuguese water dog. It was like the breed was made for us, It's amazing. So just to be more prepared for the future I looked up breeders which I soon found out that there are only a handful in Australia. It turned out that the best looking (All health checks as well as champion dogs from all over the world) breeders were not too far from us. I called them up
hide.gif
you know, just to find out some more info about them and all. It just so happened that these breeders only have a litter every few years. And they had pups now......
Little GEORGE is getting picked up on monday the 5th of march.

So not only are we going to have two puppies terrorizing the house; their both boys.

So now we are going to have four dogs:
Chicane - Japanese spitz - almost 14
Figggi - Cavalier king charles spaniel - 3
Lillie (the kids named him
tongue.png
) - Maltese - currently 8 weeks
George - Portuguese water dog - currently 9 weeks

I will post pictures of them as soon as I can after they each arrive.

Wish me luck and if you have any advise please feel free to tell.

Last edited:
There is a PWD in my training class. His name is Max and he is the biggest sweetie! Congrats on the new babies

Two puppies to housebreak and all that chewing to survive
barnie.gif
They will be more than worth all of that. Have fun with your pups.

Yay that is exciting! I have had 2 pups at once (3 weeks apart in age and both male) and it was fine, and had 3 adult dogs on top of that.
The only thing is they like to get in trouble together, one being the ring leader!

Not long now :D our little maltese boy is getting flown to Auckland today. Actually, he's already there. I keep forgetting the three hour time difference. Anyway he's getting all his health checks and certificates there before making the journey to Australia tomorrow. He arrives at seven in the morning. I can't wait.

We are at the airport waiting. Only another 30-40 minutes. I am Sooooo excited. I can't wait to see him. Wish there was a way to post pictures from your phone.

How exciting for your family! Ya...might be a good idea to post your picture from the airport because you might be too busy soon!
Enjoy your new baby boys.

Back
Top Bottom