Excitement!!!! Hopefully starting homemade incubator this week!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 77horses, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Sorry, but I just got sooo excited because my homemade incubator is finally done!!!! I just have to put mesh wire over the thermostat, light, and fan for protection...And then I'm going to start it up, get it all set and make sure temp./humidity is set, let it run for a day or so to make sure it's steady, and then I will be ready to put some eggs in it!!! [​IMG] I haven't hatched in an incubator in so long! [​IMG] Last time I did was in 2008, and that hatch failed because the incubator wasn't built right and I had no idea what I was doing. But now, I know what I'm doing AND I have my BYC friends to help me!!! [​IMG]

I can't wait!!! I think I'm going to stop by the feed store and buy myself some chick starter feed. The thing is, my dad and I have a deal; If I'm going to hatch eggs, I have to pay for the chick's feed, I have to care for them, and since they will be inside because it's winter, I have to clean their box and keep it from stinking up the whole house. This seems fair to me, since I'm the one who wants to hatch them in the winter and it's my responsibility and my incubator.

I will update you guys later with pictures and everything!!!! I can't wait! I think I got the hatching bug already, and it's not even Spring yet. [​IMG] lol why must you tempt me, you enablers!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by