Announcement April Fools 2020 - Exciting New Chicken Breed: Quickens

Pics
@Nifty-Chicken
I have a BIG question, my great grampy's house is where my family likes to congregate, I have a BIG family, you don't know how well my family stays in touch. Well anyway, there are usually 10-15 people that live there at a time and when we have parties, it can span up to 30 or more including friends. Does the 5 chick thing still count there? I might take a picture of the house if you want me too and if my family wants the quickens.

I don't know about Quails, only about chickens. Your Quickens sounds nice though.
  • Are those Quickens flighty or easy to handle?
  • Are they good foragers or prefer feed stations? (feed to production ratio??)
  • What kind of feed do they eat? Chicken or Quail feed? Something else better fit for them?
  • Will the males fight each other and possibly us?
  • Does this bird breed true? Do they brood? (are the hens good mothers?)
  • Is this bird good just for eggs, or can it also be raised for meat?
  • How resilient and cold hardy are your Quickens?
  • How long can they produce well (2,3,4,5 years?) before one needs to replace the older birds by some new younger ones?
  • How healthy are they from laying so soon in their lives? Quails naturally start laying at 6-8 weeks, but chickens don't start laying that soon for good reasons. Any health problems we should look out for, concerning this bird?
  • Lastly, does your group ship chicks to Canada and Quebec, or only in the USA?
Closed borders between Canada and the USA means I (and anyone else in my region who might see this thread) can't order anything right now, but I'll be good to know if we northerners are also elligible to this offer. Until things lighten up here, I'll watch this thread and learn more about the breed itself.

Back
Top Bottom