Exciting news for the heritage goose lovers..

Puddle Foot Farm

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Maryland
Hello all!

Just wanted to share some news - it seems that Puddle Foot Farm, in cooperation with Button Farm, will be taking in some of Tom Walker's top Cotton Patch goose breeding pairs after this next breeding season (May 2011). My mother is the new livestock manager for the Button Farm, which is a living history farm that was looking to expand its heritage livestock program. When we learned that Tom Walker was looking to retire and sell his top breeding pairs to the right person, we jumped at the opportunity. After lengthy talks with Tom Walker, it was decided that he would donate several of his top pairs to the Button Farm after this breeding season, provided they build a proper breeding facility for them. At this point, I do not know numbers, but I am imagining somewhere between 5 and 10 pairs will come to us, as we are driving them from Texas to Maryland, not shipping them. We will be working extensively with Tom to continue his fantastic breeding program, and will essentially be looking to take over it entirely.

We are extremely excited, and I just had to finally share! As I've said before to the managers of Button Farm, this is a BIG DEAL for heritage poultry lovers (or at least me
smile.png
), and I'm extremely excited. Look for our geese in 2012 and beyond! (Even though we will be selling our own cotton patch's goslings and eggs, which we got from Tom Walker as goslings, this coming breeding season.)

Happy holidays!

Chelsea

Back
Top Bottom