Exciting news this morning!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Heathero617, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I returned from out of town yesterday to some storms so I wasnt able to go mess with the masses. Went out this morning to talk to the birds >crazy chicken chick club member here< and my man was crowing away all morning. My girlie was nowhere to be found, so I went inside and lifted the lid on their house, and there she is...in all her broodyness sittin on a few eggs!!! I didn't want to disturn ber too much so I only saw 1 egg. But the one i've left for her since 4/14 was missing too so I'm assuming she's put that one under her as well. So now we'll wait paitiently >not really< to see what becomes of the little presents! I'm so excited.... can't they just hatch in 1 day so the anticipation isnt so much? lol

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    The waiting is so hard! Mine are due to start hatching under my broody tonight and I am freaking!

3. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    LOL well I dont know if she started yesterday or when since I havent been home. I'll have to ask my parents if they've noticed her missing for a few days or what. So now...how many days is it? Like 21 or something? LOL talk about a newbie!

4. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Just candled our 2 eggs under grumpy, if i'm "reading" correctly we have 1 that is in great shape and the other >was laid 4/14 but not sat on until 4/25 or 4/26< looks like it has a huge blood ring. Since i'm not 100% sure, and it doesnt smell bad, i'll leave it with her until i know or she decides its no good. I'm going to look at them again tonight, in the dark with a stronger flashlight. Mine just isnt bright enough i dont think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by